Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Photos of Vacation

The post below has the written detail.


Behind us is where the lake should be. Astute Kevin experts may notice that my pose an alpine trekker derivative. However, in this situation it was quite neccessary.



This is the closest edge of the lake just coming into view.



Oh! I think we're gonna see the lake! (Imagine lots of excited yelling behind you as you see this.)



Now there's a funny looking guy in front of the lake.




This is how the lake empties and becomes the begginning of the Songhua river (which my apartment looks over, that picture to come) The staircase you see on the right was closed due to falling rock and we were sad we couldn't climb to the top of the falls.



This is what North Korea looks like.

You can see the river in there somewhere. One of the bushes under the bridge began to walk as we looked, no joke.



After close examination I determined that North Korea approximately follows the dictates of Newtonian Physics.

I saw some people playing cards on the ground, and some people walking around, and some really badly maintained buildings. All of it was way more interesting than it sounds, seeing bustling, loud, bright China butting up against this eerie ghost-town looking place.



I don't know that it's appropriate to pose and smile for a picture in front of North Korea, but there we are, the red line behind us is the bridge border.



Hiding in the concrete mushrooms.


Is it safe to come out now?



.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I miss the Alpine Trekker.

I told a wee part of the Tiger Leaping story the other day. I missed that.