Monday, September 3, 2007

I love China

So I'm here.

I am teaching Scientific English to five different sections of College juniors. My first class I was a bit nervous and shaky. I had some rather intersting questions asked of me by the students. I was a little nervous for the first class, but the second class went very smoothly and I had a great time. There was a lot of laughing and giggling going on which is disconcerting but the Chinese laugh for a lot more reasons than we do. The biggest laugh came when I tried to pronounce a Chinese name. Anyway, The textbook contains scientific articles (they are incredibly simple) with some reading comprehension questions. I am going to try to find some articles from various magazines which are more up to date and maybe slightly more difficult than the ones in the textbook.

Anyway I'm living in way too large of an apartment in the international students' dormitory. I have a queen size bed, a restroom (with a view of the television). And my own kitchen. It's pretty ridiculous. It's also going to take some decorating to counteract the outrageous design concept of the place.

I ate donkey for dinner tonight with a Guy named Joe from Korea and his uncle who lives in the city. I was of great interest to the restaurant owners and other customers who wondered what I thought of the dumplings. Donkey is apparently a delicacy around here. It does taste good.

Anyway that's all I can think of for tonight I think I need to go retire to my ridiculous queen size bed.

Kevin

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love that you comment on how you can watch television while you poop.

You stay classy, Kevin Mills

Julie said...

donkey for dinner eh? geez louise... you are one brave man my friend.. im glad you liked it.